Monday, January 23, 2012

20 weeks.

January has been a little slower, expectedly so. We finally got enough snow to cover the ground, about 4 inches total. Nathan has been going out by himself at the end of his quiet time. He goes up and down the ditch in our backyard until it is dark and we make him come in. I'm glad that he obeys well and I can see him from the window so that I don't have to go out too!


Two weeks ago we did have our 20 week ultrasound. All of the kids were allowed to come watch -they even had a large screen television that showed everything the sonographer saw on her computer. The biggest news is that all the measurements and checks point to a healthy baby. (a "little big" as the doctor phrased it, but still healthy:)


I know it's difficult enough to decifer ultrasound photos in person, so I can't imagine a picture of them is any better, but just thought I would share anyways. In this top photo there is a 3D picture of baby (you can see the head and a finger doing #1), hands, an arm, and a leg.


This photo has 2 images of the head and chest, probably some arms and/or legs in there too, and 2 3D pictures of the baby's face and hand.


We had several discussions on whether or not to find out the sex of the baby (Ok, so mainly I talked about it, and Matt stated over and over again that he didn't want to find out the gender), but in the end Matt's feelings were stronger on the subject and we did not find out. The baby will just have to surprise us in May (or June). This pregnancy has seemed very simliar to my pregnancy with Nathan-with the exception that I don't plan to gain 60 pounds this time-so in my mind I've pretty much settled that it's a boy...but I guess we'll see. Right now we feel very blessed and humbled that we will be having our 4th healthy baby. Praise God!

1 comment:

Eva said...

i totally didn't know you were pregnant! i'm so psyched for you! yay! how exciting. i get your kids are thrilled! congrats :D