Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rocket Launched.

Sometimes Matt gets these ideas-then he just does it.


Here is one said idea:


It's a little difficult to see in the picture-but Matt, with the help of my dad and Nathan, built a rocket launcher out of some PVC pipe and various other things. Nathan is holding the trigger (rope), and Matt is pumping the air from a bike pump. The rocket, a 2-liter filled with water of course.

I should also note that this was an idea he got this summer when some cousins of his built something similar in Wisconsin...those Zimmermans:)


(I got distracted and took a quick picutre of Ella's messy, wind-blown braid)

Here is the cheering squad. They would take turns pulling the rope to launch the rocket. Everyone else would chant "Nathan, Nathan, (or whoever was pulling the rope) over and over again. So fun. Did I also mention we were watching 4 other kids for the day? It added to the fun.

Here's Matt getting in ready...pumping it up.
And it's off! I didn't get a picture of the bottle in the air because it was much too bright (even if it wasn't I'm not sure I would've been able to follow that thing!) But here you can see the water coming out of the bottle as it is shot up.




I was running in an out of the house, so unfortunately I didn't get photos of everyone pulling the rope. But it was fun to look at everyone's reaction!


Hudson, the birthday boy...just turned 4.Grace.

Patie.


It really wasn't difficult to pull, but everyone acted like it was!


Nathan's already asked to take it out again today, I'm sure it will make a few more launches yet this year.

Also, if you're interested you can see the instructions to build one yourself here. Matt of course added some variations.