Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween Festivities.

I can't say that Halloween is on my top 10 faves. I always feel like I'm ignorant about it, and just go along with it because everyone else is doing it and the kids think it's fun (besides spiritual reason, I also don't like having mounds of candy in the house:). Maybe one year I'll be convicted to develop more of a stance on the issue-but for now, here are some highlights from Halloween 2011.


One thing I do enjoy is pumpkin carving. It's fun to have the kids scoop out the insides. Matt is gracious enough to do all the carving, meeting all the requirements given him by Nathan and Ella (round eyes, big smiles, etc.)















And my personal fave: pumpkin seeds. This year we did traditional salty ones, and then for something new tried somem cinnamon sugar seeds. I prefer the salty, but the kids preferred the sweet ones.












The final product:

Of course, Nahtan's is the bigger one...I'm also glad I took a picture that night, because the next morning Ella's was gone. We told her somone thought it was a really great pumpkin and must have needed one. (it sounded better than someone probably took it and smashed it on the road).

These are pictures I took in the afternoon on October 31. It was a beautiful, calm 60 degrees. It of course got a little colder once it was dark, but all and all great weather for Halloween!



(Nathan is flying his homemade kite)


(Ella wore her costume all day!)


This year we had a giraffe, Buzz Lightyear, and Princess Belle.



This is the 4th time the giraffe costume has been worn. 2x by Nathan, once by Ella, and now Addie. Nathan was Buzz last year and did do some complaining about having to wear it again, but then declared "it worked out after all". Ella is wearing Mayah's costume from last year (which is a running theme with her). If the tradition continues, next year Ella will be Tangled:)

I also of course forgot to take pictures in their costumes...so this is after they went trick-or-treating and had taken their stuff off. I made them put it all back on and stand together...I'm so one of those moms:)

No comments: