Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baby Quilt.

So for archival reasons, I decided to post that I finished my first quilt! Like I mentioned before, it is for a baby girl, so my next task will be to make one for a baby boy (after I finish making the tutus for Ella's ballerina birthday party). I think next time I may try adding more texture and doing a standard block pattern (this one is a mix of squares and rectangles, which was easy since nothing had to line up). My reward is that now I get to buy a rotary cutter (purchased yesterday), and a self-healing cutting mat (50% off coupon sitting on the counter for this). I'm looking forward to not doing quilt #2 with only scissors and an old-fashioned ruler for cutting.

These pictures are not great...but if you are interested in the pattern I got it here. And if you are interested in making a quilt, there is a great tutorial here that I used since I had no idea what I was doing.







No comments: