Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Evelyn Jane Lucille

Another milestone birthday in the house!  Today marks the 3 month anniversary of Evelyn's first birthday and also her Daddy's 33rd birthday...cause for celebration right?
 
Here are some highlights of the big day!
 
I could probably say this for every child's birthday, "Oh, I can't believe_______is already ________years old!  But it still holds true!  I can't believe my baby is 1 year old!
 
Here she is the morning of of party day!
 
 
The theme:  Rainbow!
How did I ever decide on such an amazing theme you wonder?  Well, it went down like this:  We went to Target and they had a bunch of rainbow party accessories and I said "Let's do a rainbow party.",  and the kids said something along the lines of "Yes, what a great idea...". 
I know, the creativity in this house is mind-blowing!

Here's the rainbow cake:
 

 
Before mentioned rainbow accessories:
 
 
Eat your rainbow:
 
 
Fun times!
 
 
Cake and candle time!
 
 
Evelyn had been denied any and all sweets the entire first year of her life.  But, by the way she responded to them and wanted them when they were around, I knew she was going to be all about the cake.
She did not disappoint.  Evelyn  loves cake! 
 

She didn't have to be showed what to do or encouraged along, but sat there happily and contently eating away at her cake.
 
 
She at the whole thing... even the scoop of ice-cream!
When she was finished she picked up the plate and started to lick it.
 
 
It's worth saying again, Evelyn loves cake!
She is also our only child who required a bath at her first birthday party.
 
 
Moving along to present time!
She was not as into this, but not to worry because she had a lot of help!
 


The traditional first birthday gift from my parents is a riding toy.  Papa did not disappoint.  We now have a truck, rocket car, giraffe, and a pink scooter.  (confession: we actually sold the giraffe to Once Upon a Child, it was my personal fave but the one the children voted to get rid of.  We still do have 3 riding toys in the house however).
 

 
 
We love you Evelyn Jane Lucille! 
 I can't imagine our family without you in it.  It' been an emotional year as I experience many "last firsts" as a mother, and many firsts without my own mother, but we have been richly blessed by God, and I pray I never take it for granted. 
 


No comments: