Friday, April 17, 2015

Easter 2015.

It's come and gone, but I thought I would get a couple of the few Easter photos posted.  

Obligatory Easter photos:  
The girls love to dress up, so this is their usual Sunday attire.  This is however one of two days each year that Nathan graces a tie.


  You would think that we could be a more photogenic bunch.  Maybe someday we'll get our act together.

Not sure what's happening here.
 

 We were able to attend our church's early service.  I sang in the choir, and the pastor had an awesome message titled "Death has no sting, long live the King".

After church, we zipped up to my sister Brenda's house for dinner.  We have traditionally spent Easter with my mom's side of the family.   We have kept this tradition, but now my sister hosts.

Evelyn is all ready to eat. (We have impeccable manners)

  
Following dinner and clean-up, there was an Easter egg hunt.  When it comes to Easter day, I have never done anything "fun" for my children.  I'm not totally against it, it's just not super important to me.  I'm thankful that my Aunt Kathie has taken it upon herself  for at least the last decade to buy candy and hide the eggs.  She has even acquired an Easter Bunny costume!

We don't even remotely pretend like the Easter Bunny is real, and I don't even think my children are aware of the tradition where the Bunny brings you a basket of goodies, (but ask them, I could be wrong).  So, our children are usually pretty nervous around the Bunny.  We would normally get a posed photo with whoever is the baby at the time.  Now my baby is almost three and Bunny fear has set in.
 So, this is what we got. :)


After this photo she wanted to go inside (away from the Bunny).  She told me that the Bunny tried to eat her candy...

Nathan collected his allotted amount of eggs and candy. 
 

 I normally would have taken more photos, but I was inside with Evelyn.  We may or may not have been consoling ourselves with candy. 

  It was a blessing to celebrate our Risen Lord with loved ones.  (We even got in a quick facetime conversation with Aunt Amy and her crew.)   I'm thankful to God for these times with our extended family. 

No comments: