Sunday, April 19, 2015

Lost.

It's happening.
Our children are shooting up like weeds.  Despite my efforts to keep them little, things keep happening that remind me that my "littles" are turning into "bigs".
It used to be that losing teeth was only something that happened to Nathan, then Ella joined the club, and now...
Adeline Marie has lost her first tooth!


At nearly 5 1/2 Addie lost her first tooth, and now claims that a second one is wiggly!

She had been wiggling it for about a week.  At first it barely budged, but she was so excited!  Then one afternoon she came to me to see if it was wiggly enough to pull out.  To me it wasn't (I actually have never pulled out any of my children's teeth and don't think I could...), so I told her not yet but maybe in a day or two. 
Nathan, the stinker, was sitting beside me and said, "Let me see."  She let him, and Nathan just grabbed the tooth and pulled it out!  This could have ended poorly, but Addie was excited to have lost her first tooth and didn't seem to mind how it happened!
Unfortunately later that day she "lost" her tooth for good so she had nothing for under her pillow.  The Tooth Fairy (she's a stickler here), gave a first tooth grace and generously left Addie 75 cents...which I think Addie also lost.

No comments: