Thursday, October 29, 2015

Adeline's Birthday!


We now have a 6-year-old in the house!!
Her day started very early.  She was uber excited to open her package from Grammy.  It had arrived a couple of days prior, so the anticipation was building!  We let her open in the morning (even though Nathan and Matt weren't there), but she had to wait for her sisters.  She may have "accidentally" woken them up...

(all of these photos are with my phone and therefore a little blurry, I'm disappointed iphone)

The package was exactly what she was hoping for.  A robe and a suitcase!

They also happen to both be Frozen.  Addie loved them.  She's been playing with her suitcase and wears her robe every morning.  It does make me want to get one for the other girls too, the mornings are starting to get chilly!


The birthday girl got to choose what she wanted for breakfast.  No surprises here, she decided on donuts!

After doing a couple of fun errands and spending much of the day at home playing, we set out to get Nathan at the usual time.  The girls love to play on the playground while we wait.

The weather was decent.  Not sunny, but not cold or windy either, so after getting Nathan we went to the zoo.  I could say that Addie picked this event out, but since we have a pass I just asked her if she wanted to go, and she said yes.  :)

It worked out well because they still had decorations set up from zoo boo the previous weekend.


Here's the crew!  Love them.


I didn't notice until after I uploaded the photos that the girls are pretty matchy in their pink and turquoise.  Since, I've noticed they often match.  I usually just send them upstairs to get dressed unsupervised; I'm picturing them planning and coordinating their outfits!

They were intrigued with what the brown bear might do next....it wasn't much, but it is still is humbling to think about.

We came home to meet Daddy, then go out again for birthday celebration dinner as a family (f you haven't noticed, birthdays last the entire day!).  Addie's fine dining experience of choice:  Dairy Queen!


It was a fun day!
 I love you my sweet butterscotch-dipped cone buddy!

There will be more celebrating with extended family this weekend...and of course, I'll be back with an obligatory birthday interview!

1 comment:

RingzUGetz said...

April - Nice to see you in a picture for a change! Mom's always behind the camera, I know. Always love hearing about your terrific family and what you've been up to. Blessings to you!
Sara