Monday, June 8, 2009

Sprout it out!

Here's a quick garden update...not exactly cutting edge, but still interesting for us to watch. We doubted if anything at all would happen, so seeing little sprouts has been quite an encouragement. I should add that Matt has been very faithful to water the garden (he really deserves most of the credit). This week the goal is to weed, spread/thin out some of the plants, and figure out what to do with those darn squirrels!
cucumber sprout


tomatoes & basil



pea sprouts...the garden is also covered in "helicoptor seeds" from neighbor Betty's maple tree
green beans


Nathan has named this one as "his favorite flower



Matt doing the fore mentioned faithful watering...Nathan doing sidewalk chalk

farmer Ella

1 comment:

Eva said...

I HATE WEEDING! Well, at least I used to. Perhaps I should give it another go, give myself a hobby... Way to go Thompson's. How go-get-em of you.