Tuesday, June 30, 2009

1999.

The weekend of June 12 was one of celebration. We went back to De Smet to celebrate Old Settler's Day (the "birthday" for De Smet), my 10-year high school reunion (eeks...am I that old?), and of couse Matt and I's 5-year Anniversary! It never occurred to me to actually take a picture of Matt and I together without kids on our anniversary, so there are no pics-I'll have to be more intentional in the future. I didn't even take many pictures at the reunion, but I did take a picture when Nathan went off to sit by himself on the wall and eat his m&m bar. The reunion was hosted by my classmate's family, who have a gorgeous farm. Just being there made me feel like I was in an old novel or something. It was great to hang out with my high school friends, and I'm so grateful to have a group of friends that I've remained so close to throughout the years! Matt was grill master of the day (again, I should have been taking pictures), and he did a great job! Nathan and Ella got to play with some new friends-and hang out with cousin Mayah too!

I guess he had enough of people for a while, and just needed to be alone with his dessert.

DHS Class of '99.
There are 20 present in the picture, out of a graduating class of 40. There were 3 others who had left before the picture, so we had over 50% attendace.


No comments: