Tuesday, March 29, 2011

R&R?

When we lived 250 miles away, Amy and I talked about how great it would be if I lived in Sioux Falls and I could do daycare for her, she would save money, I would make money...well, here we are. Recently, Amy had to return to work after having Micah, and was a little discouraged about the price of having 2 kids at her daycare. So, together we decided to open up April's daycare services! So now 3-4 days a week I get the privelege of taking care of Mayah and Micah in addition to my 3 little lovies. Overall, I would say that despite a couple of rough moments (literally, sweet little Addie who takes care of the babies at the church nursery, was initially pretty hostile towards Micah), it's going surprisingly well. That being said, especially the first 2 weeks, after spending 10 hours taking care of 5 children ages 4 and under, making dinner, and cleaning up the kitchen after dinner, I was d.o.n.e. This night Matt cleaned up after dinner and I told him I was going to rest on the couch for a little bit. The day was long, I wanted to close my eyes and just be alone for a little bit...which is why I shouldn't have chosen the couch.
This is what happened!


But, they're sweet. And I should've known-it was basically an open invitation for "snuggle".


1 comment:

Eva said...

wow. you are impressive. i can hardly handle my own kids!