Thursday, September 18, 2014

Tiny Dancers.

Ella's middle name is Grace, and it fits her well.  She loves to be ladylike and act mature (though she can also be very silly).  She loves to dance and for a very long time she has wanted to take ballet lessons.  She loves the idea of gracefully dancing and twirling around, all while wearing a fancy outfit of course.
 
Well, I don't how long it will last, but I we did decide to let both the girls take ballet lessons.   They were both so excited about it, and did a huge happy dance when I told them the news.
 
Here they are the day of their first lesson!
 
 
They are both enrolled in Kindermovement, which is ballet basics for ages 5-7.  Adeline is not quite five, but since she is close and has a big sister in the class they let her join.  The uniform for their class is pink leotard, pink tights, and pink ballet flats...pinkalicious!
 
 
I knew Ella was going to love it.  Evelyn and I get to observe the class through a window.  I can see the pride and joy on her face during class time.
 

I wasn't as sure about Addie.  She seems like more of a gymnast to me, but I thought this would be good for her too.  I wanted something that would promote structure, form, and body awareness as well as self-control. 
Her movements are definitely not as fluid.  It was hard for me to tell if she was enjoying class, or just bored to be standing there pointing her toes and holding out her arms.
 

 
However, she loved it!
They are both very happy.  It also works out very well in our schedule.  It is a homeschooling class so they have it earlier in the afternoon.  They get done at 2:15, perfect timing for us to go pick up Nathan at 2:45.  It is also taught by a homeschool graduate.  She talks about dancing for the glory of God, and they pray before class.
 
 
Here are the ballerinas in action!
(They are fourth and fifth from the left.)


No comments: